Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is a very quick and easy dessert to make when you are short on time. And oh, so tasty!
- 4 slices bread, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Place bread cubes in 8" round dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar, nutmeg, salt, then raisins.
- Measure milk into a 1 qt measuring cup.
- Add butter.
- Microwave at HIGH for 2 minutes, or until butter is melted and milk is warm.
- Rapidly stir in eggs with a fork and mix well.
- Pour over bread cubes in dish.
- Microwave at MEDIUM HIGH (power level 7) 9 to 12 minutes.
- When cooked, center may still be slightly soft but it will set up as pudding cools.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- NOTE: As every microwave varies, you may need to adjust cooking time for yours.
- This recipe was tested in a 1000 watt microwave and 9 minutes is plenty of time.
This is a quick and easy recipe. It's also the first time I have made bread pudding in the microwave. It is very tasty. Thanks so much, and welcome to the Zaar!!!
Thank You so much! This recipe is a life saver lol. I have been dying to make bread pudding, but since my oven is not functioning haven't been able to.
Made this with French bread and Craisins. It is so easy and so totally yummy. My family has requested it so often that I have probably made it 5 times in the last few weeks!