Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mom just gave me this recipe so I haven't tried it but she said the pickles are delicious. Microwave Bread & Butter Pickles
- 2 cups cucumbers, sliced, thin
- 3⁄4 cup onion, thin sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- Mix all in a 2 quart bowl (microwavable) and microwave on High 8 to 9 minutes, stirring twice during cooking time.
- Cukes will be crisp, onions translucent.
- My mom has a small microwave that is not very powerful so she had to microwave hers a little longer.
Hubby has made these three times. We grew our own pickling cucumbers this year and we all love these. They are so easy to make. We have made them with sugar and splenda. We liked them both ways. We also made them once with less sugar and enjoyed them like that too. Great versatile recipe.
As much as I like these, I will have to buy new refrigerator for a 5 gal bucket. Beats all other recipes. Thank you!
I do NOT like cucumers or pickles, but I do like B&B pickles and I hava a bunch of cukes. So I tried this. It was so easy and tastes just like the ones from the store. Next time I will cook them a little less than 8 minutes and slice them a little thicker. I used powdered yellow mustard for the seeds.