Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy blueberry jam.
Make and share this Microwave Blueberry Jam recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups fresh blueberries or 3 cups frozen blueberries, unsweetened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Puree blueberries in blender or food processor.
- Place in a 12-cup microwave-safe dish with sugar and cinnamon.
- Microwave on High, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes -- until mixture comes to a full roiling boil and boils for one full minute.
- Stir well once during cooking.
- Remove from microwave and pour into sterilized jars.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Keeps well for at least two weeks.
I made this jam yesterday...I found that a quart of blueberries was 3 1/2 cups so I added some rasberries. Otherwise stuck to the recipe and let me tell you it was fantastic. I live alone and this made just the right amount for a jam jar...so easy that I wont have to buy the high priced spreads anymore..now Im dying to try adding different spices or perhaps some wine or brandy...anyway, this is sooo perfect as is I am most happy!!
Thank you so much for this recipe! Hubby loves a very pricey "Swedish Blueberry Jam" and now he actually likes this better. Little does he know I used a third cup of Splenda for Baking instead of the called for sugar. Otherwise,I followed the recipe as written. This also makes a terrific ice cream topping.
I made this on the stove top yesterday. For me, it did not thicken very much and ended up being more of a blueberry sauce than a jam. I'm not sure if this is because I made it on the stove top or what. Regardless, we had it on pancakes tonight, and it was delicious. I'm almost glad it turned out thinner than I expected because it made a really awesome syrup.