Great way to make a nice dessert without turning on the oven. Found recipe in Simple & Delicious magazine, Mar '07 submitted E. Tomlinson
- In a greased 9-inch microwave safe pie plate, combine the blueberries, sugar and cornstarch.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH for 7-8 minutes or until thickened, stirring twice.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, almonds and cinnamon.
- Cut in the butter to the oat mixture, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture over the blueberry mixture.
- Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 2-3 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Wow! So easy and delicious! Loved the almonds in the topping. I cut this down to serve 2, and used individual gratin bowls to cook it in. It still turned out wonderfully well, I just decreased the cooking time a bit. Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe. Made for Potluck tag.
This is so easy & delicious! It's blueberry season here, & this is a great way to use them. I omitted the almonds, otherwise made as posted. I highly recommend serving with the vanilla ice cream- Berry Heaven!
My new favorite summertime dessert! I had some blueberries that needed using and really wanted to make a baked dessert but didn't want to turn on the oven for that long - voila! This was just perfect. I doubled the amount of topping and used blueberries and raspberries. Thanks for posting!