Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
With bacon and herbs and wine...
- 1 slice bacon, cut up
- 1⁄2 lb beef boneless arm pot roast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 dash dried thyme leaves
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- Place bacon pieces in 3-quart casserole.
- Microwave at High 45 to 60 seconds, or until brown.
- Add meat and flour, tossing to coat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except mushrooms and almonds, cover.
- Microwave at High 5 minutes.
- Reduce power to 50%.
- Microwave, covered, 35 to 50 minutes, or until meat is tender.
- Stir in mushrooms.
- Microwave uncovered, at 50% 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Let stand, covered, 10 minutes.
- Add almonds before serving.
- Serve over rice if desired.