Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
So much better than from a can.
- 3⁄4 lb beef arm pot roast, with bone cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons pearl barley
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried savory, basil or 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen cut green beans
- Combine all ingredients except corn and beans in 3-quart casserole.
- Microwave at high 10 minutes.
- Remove marrow from bone, return marrow to soup.
- Discard bone.
- Reduce power to 50%.
- Microwave, covered, 50 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times.
- Add corn and green beans.
- Microwave at 50% 10 to 20 minutes, or until meat and vegetables are tender.