Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Microwave recipes are my weakness since I got my convection oven. They are wonderfully easy and that is a plus. This is delicious and the use of canned tomatoes and frozen shrimp make this inexpensive as well. Great for company too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 lb medium frozen shrimp, thawed, peeled, and halved lengthwise
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cajun-style stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil, onion, celery, green pepper, garlic and thyme in 1-1/2 quart microwavable dish.
- Cover and cook on high 3 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Add shrimp, stewed tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Cook on high 6 minutes, stirring halfway through or until shrimp is pink.
- Serve with rice, if desired.