Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Microwave recipes are my weakness since I got my convection oven. They are wonderfully easy and that is a plus. This is delicious and the use of canned tomatoes and frozen shrimp make this inexpensive as well. Great for company too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 lb medium frozen shrimp, thawed, peeled, and halved lengthwise
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cajun-style stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- Combine oil, onion, celery, green pepper, garlic and thyme in 1-1/2 quart microwavable dish.
- Cover and cook on high 3 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Add shrimp, stewed tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Cook on high 6 minutes, stirring halfway through or until shrimp is pink.
- Serve with rice, if desired.
This is a great recipe for a busy weekday !
Easy, fast and delicious! perfect for a weeknight. I doubled the onions and cut the green pepper in half as a matter of personal preference. Also upped the garlic and used cajun spice blend with regular tomatoes that I whizzed with an immersion blender since DH doesn't care for chunky tomatoes. (as a side note, the cajun spice blend has the provactive name of "Cajun Foreplay" It's a yummy blend that's very spicy without overpowering heat.) I also like that it's a microwave dish. That means it can go in Summer rotation, too. Dh gave it the highest praise - in his words "you can make this again anytime". Thanks for a new addition to the weeknight schedule!
Very tasty! The fresh veggies here really shine! I served this with some penne pasta as dh does not really care for rice. IT made a wonderful and fast meal. You were a true gift Amy! Thank you for sharing your recipes and your life with us!