Recipe by Diana in KS
Bottled sauce can be used in place of the homemade if you'd like. Do not use tomatoes in place of the catsup.
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2⁄3 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 medium chicken thighs (about 2 lbs)
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the BBQ Sauce.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl add everything except the chicken.
- Cook, covered on 100% power 8-10 minutes, until vegetables are tender, stirring twice:cover and set aside.
- Cooking the chicken.
- In a 12x8-inch microwave-safe baking dish, place chicken in a single layer with the thicker pieces on the ends.
- Cook covered, on 100% power for 10 minutes, rearranging once.
- Discard drippings.
- Spoon BBQ sauce over the chicken pieces.
- Cook on 100% power 6-8 minutes, until chicken juices run clear, rearranging once.