Recipe by ugagirl
This is a great recipe because you don't have to stand over the stove stirring! I clipped it from somewhere years ago.
Top Review by pedspeech
I've never made regular banana pudding so I have no point of comparison, but this was definitely easy to prepare. Mine took three rounds (at the 3 min part) and my 3 year old had a blast helping me arrange the cookies and bananas- almost as much fun as my husband had eating it!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk (skim milk is OK)
- 4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers
- 4 -6 ripe bananas (sliced into circles)
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- In large microwavable bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in milk and mix well. Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Remove from microwave.
- Stir in egg yolks.
- Microwave at 3-minute intervals. Stirring well after each until pudding is thick and creamy. (It usually takes me 4 or 5 intervals. Will vay by microwave).
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- In 9x13-inch glass pan, layer vanilla wafers on bottom, then half bananas, then half of pudding. Repeat layering process. Refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving (optional).