Recipe by dsavir
quick microwave bread pudding. Uses leftover bread and that last soft banana, and tastes yummy!
Top Review by threeovens
I loved the idea of this and it tasted very good. It just had too much liquid. I would suggest using half the amount of milk or more bread cubes. The recipe made large portions.
- 1 bun, not fresh, cut up into cubes (about 1-1.5 cups)
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 75 g yogurt, sweetened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Put bread cubes in a microwave safe bowl.
- Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon on the bread and mix.
- Slice the banana into the bowl and mix.
- Warm the milk for one minute on high in the microwave, and pour into bread mixture.
- Mix yogurt with vanilla and egg, and pour into bread mixture. mix well.
- Press down so all bread is moist.
- Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, depending on microwave strength.