Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick and easy microwave bacon potato topped with cheddar cheese and bacon bits. Great side dish and a sure man-pleaser.
- Clean un-peeled potatoes under water to remove any dirt.
- Poke them all over with a fork to vent while cooking.
- Rub vegetable oil on potatoes and season with salt.
- Microwave for 5 minutes, turn potatoes over, and microwave for an additional 5 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, cut across bacon and then lengthwise to create small bits. ( I use frozen bacon) Cook in a skillet until crispy and set aside.
- Allow the potatoes to cool until you can handle them.
- Make a slice lengthwise on each potato and use a fork to mash the insides. ( Doesn't have to be perfect).
- Top potatoes with shredded cheddar cheese and put back in the microwave for 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Top with bacon bits.
While I'm sure this would make a hearty side-dish, I enjoyed it as an easy and delicious breakfast! I make bacon in the oven and then freeze it, so it's all ready for a topper. Very quick and convenient to make. Thanks for posting! Made for Spring 2010 PAC.
I used my baked potato button on my microwave to cook my potatoes. Other then that, I followed the recipe other then I used a lot more cheese then indicated and used bacon bits.