Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
A delicious custard that is easy to make and never curdles.
- Place milk in a 2 cup microwavable cup. Microwave on High for 4 to 5 minutes or until steaming. Let cool.
- Mix together remaining ingredients in a 1 1/2 quart microwable casserole dish until well blended.
- Pour milk into egg mixture and stir.
- Cover with plastic wrap or tight fitting lid.
- Micowave on Low (30% - 40%) for 14 to 16 minutes or until mixture thickens to desired consistency.
- Remove cover immediately and allow to cool to room temperature.
I was looking for an easy custard microwave recipe, and I found it. It's too hot to turn on the oven, and this recipe is the perfect alternative, plus it's done in less than half the time of regular baked custard! I made the recipe as written, except I subbed Torani French Vanilla Sugar Free syrup for the sugar. I made the mistake of not beating the eggs thoroughly enough so the consistency wasn't perfectly smooth. That was my fault, and next time I will beat them better and I'm sure it will be entirely lump free. Also, I used non-fat milk and it came out great. A healthy treat!