Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
i'd forgotten about this! so easy and tasty, you may end up very addicted.
- 1 large apple, cored (whatever type you like, peel if desired)
- 22.18 ml brown sugar (or white sugar, or splenda i suppose)
- 0.5 ml cinnamon
- prep your apple and place in a small bowl so the hole through the core is up.
- fill hole with sugar and cinnamon, can also add or substitute pumpkin/apple pie spice or cloves. add raisins if you like, drizzle of maple syrup, whatever.
- wrap tightly over the bowl with good quality plastic wrap. it must be air tight or this wont work. microwave on high for 5 min.
- the plastic wrap will have made a big bubble as it cooks, this is normal. it works like a steamer to cook the apple fast. when taken from the microwave (WITH POT HOLDERS) it will shrink wrap your apple, it's kinda fun to watch. now keeping those pot holder on, carefully pull off the plastic wrap with a fork, mind the live steam.
- let it cool for five min, serve alone or with ice cream, crumbled cookies, or a bit of evaporated milk.
- repeat until you have no apples or your stomach explodes.
Okay, so the apples I've got at the moment are Courtlands, clearly not the more crispy, solid kind it appears some of you have used. Thus, my apple appears to have exploded, disintigrated, and mushified. But, the flavor is excellent! Had no brown sugar, used regular white with my last drops of molasses, and a dash of pumpkin pie spice. The house smelled marvelous, and the apple(sauce) that resulted was superb....Just use a firmer apple if presentation is important. And oh...yeah: I'll make sure there's ice cream available next time!
Delicious! I did make a couple of changes, though. I used coconut sugar and a tbsp of coconut oil. Yummy