1/1 Photo of Microwave "baked" Apple for One
i'd forgotten about this! so easy and tasty, you may end up very addicted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1prep your apple and place in a small bowl so the hole through the core is up.
- 2fill hole with sugar and cinnamon, can also add or substitute pumpkin/apple pie spice or cloves. add raisins if you like, drizzle of maple syrup, whatever.
- 3wrap tightly over the bowl with good quality plastic wrap. it must be air tight or this wont work. microwave on high for 5 min.
- 4the plastic wrap will have made a big bubble as it cooks, this is normal. it works like a steamer to cook the apple fast. when taken from the microwave (WITH POT HOLDERS) it will shrink wrap your apple, it's kinda fun to watch. now keeping those pot holder on, carefully pull off the plastic wrap with a fork, mind the live steam.
- 5let it cool for five min, serve alone or with ice cream, crumbled cookies, or a bit of evaporated milk.
- 6repeat until you have no apples or your stomach explodes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave "baked" Apple for One
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.8
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 41.9 g
- Protein 0.5 g