Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
i'd forgotten about this! so easy and tasty, you may end up very addicted.
Make and share this Microwave "baked" Apple for One recipe from Food.com.
- prep your apple and place in a small bowl so the hole through the core is up.
- fill hole with sugar and cinnamon, can also add or substitute pumpkin/apple pie spice or cloves. add raisins if you like, drizzle of maple syrup, whatever.
- wrap tightly over the bowl with good quality plastic wrap. it must be air tight or this wont work. microwave on high for 5 min.
- the plastic wrap will have made a big bubble as it cooks, this is normal. it works like a steamer to cook the apple fast. when taken from the microwave (WITH POT HOLDERS) it will shrink wrap your apple, it's kinda fun to watch. now keeping those pot holder on, carefully pull off the plastic wrap with a fork, mind the live steam.
- let it cool for five min, serve alone or with ice cream, crumbled cookies, or a bit of evaporated milk.
- repeat until you have no apples or your stomach explodes.
I just tried this with a gala apple and some apple pie spice. The whole house began to smell of cider and freshly bake pie within a minute. I don't know how I managed the five minute waiting period for it to cool once it came out, but it was pure heaven in a bowl! Make sure you scoop up some of that delicious syrup beneath the apple and drizzle it over before you top it with ice cream, you will thank me ? as well as the author of this fabulous recipe ? for it!
This was actually so amazing. I was very pleasantly surprised. I used 5 packets of splenda and some cinnamon and it was delicious!