Recipe by spiritussancto
i'd forgotten about this! so easy and tasty, you may end up very addicted.
Top Review by Sabrina K.
I had 2 small apples I had hung onto a little too long. Each had a rotten spot the size of a quarter. I cut it out, cored & peeled the apples and cut them up in chunks. I then dusted them with cinnamon, drizzled honey over them, then some butter. Then I covered with plastic wrap. Since I cut the apples up and knew they'd cook faster that way. I cut back on cooking time to 4 mins.The apples were so soft already the cooking time could have been cut back a little more. Very yummy !
- 1 large apple, cored (whatever type you like, peel if desired)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar (or white sugar, or splenda i suppose)
- 2 pinches cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- prep your apple and place in a small bowl so the hole through the core is up.
- fill hole with sugar and cinnamon, can also add or substitute pumpkin/apple pie spice or cloves. add raisins if you like, drizzle of maple syrup, whatever.
- wrap tightly over the bowl with good quality plastic wrap. it must be air tight or this wont work. microwave on high for 5 min.
- the plastic wrap will have made a big bubble as it cooks, this is normal. it works like a steamer to cook the apple fast. when taken from the microwave (WITH POT HOLDERS) it will shrink wrap your apple, it's kinda fun to watch. now keeping those pot holder on, carefully pull off the plastic wrap with a fork, mind the live steam.
- let it cool for five min, serve alone or with ice cream, crumbled cookies, or a bit of evaporated milk.
- repeat until you have no apples or your stomach explodes.