Recipe by MTpockets
This is more for the older baby that has graduated to finger foods. Like around 1 yr. old and older. It's super easy and quick and mom gets to control how sweet (or not sweet) it is. Just be sure to cool completely before serving. (Don't wan't to burn little ones hands or mouth!) I've even been guilty of snacking on this myself! I use about a medium sized apple that is good for baking.
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, core and dice apple into bite sized (small) pieces.
- Place apple pieces in microwave safe dish and add 2 tablespoons water.
- Microwave apple on High 1-3 minutes.
- Check on it and stir every 20-30 seconds or so until it reaches desired tenderness.
- When apple is cooked and soft enough for baby to eat, remove from microwave and sprinkle with as much or as little sugar and cinnamon as you wish. (My personal experience has been that the younger the child the more bland they like it but it's up to you!).
- Let apple cool completely or until slightly warmer than room temperature and serve.