Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
From the old Panasonic Microwave Cookbook. You can use butter or margarine, old-fashioned or rolled oats, but I don't have the patience to keep editing the ingredient list to make it say so.
- 4 cups apples, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Place apples in a 9-inch, heat-resistant, non-metallic pie plate.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Heat, covered, on full power for 2 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl.
- Heat topping mixture, uncovered on full power for 2 minutes, stirring after first minute. Cool slightly.
- Sprinkle topping mixture over apples.
- Heat, uncovered, on full power for 8 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is crisp.