Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can assemble the crisp and refrigerate it until you're ready to microwave.
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 2⁄3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, 1 tablespoon flour, sugar, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Pour into a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar and remaining flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over apple mixture. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! We moved and I am still locating my recipes. I was craving the apple crisp from the simple and delicious magazine I had stashed away somewhere in a box, and this is the one. I love this recipe. It's quick and easy and it doesn't heat up the whole house when you want something that tastes baked. The apples keep just a touch of crispness and the topping is yummy. Always turns out delicious, even out of the microwave, and for a dessert, it's fairly healthy. Thanks again!