Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
This is a super easy recipe I found in the local newspaper. It puts a new twist on everyday apple crisp and tastes great! Best of all it frees up your oven for other dishes!!
- 4 cups sliced tart apples (about 4 medium Granny Smith apples)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- In an ungreased 9-inch diameter microwave-safe baking dish (I use an 8 inch square Pyrex dish),combine apples, cranberries and granulated sugar; stir to blend.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar,flour,oatmeal and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle flour mixture evenly over apple mixture.
- Microwave on high (100 percent) until fruits are tender (12 to 14 minutes).
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serves 6 to 8.
This is so easy to make and so delicious. I did throw in some leftover blueberries. I crumbled the topping mixture in my food processor. Made the topping perfect.
Awesome! I can't believe I'm the first one to review this recipe! Excellent fruit dessert, loved the combination of apples and cranberries. This made the perfect last minute dessert and even better, the microwave didn't heat up the kitchen. I always have beat up apples in the crisper and cranberries in the freezer, so we'll be making this one often. Have never made a crisp in the microwave and was surprised how nicely the topping turned out. Not super crunchy, but not soggy either. Loved that the topping contains whole grains. Thanks for sharing the recipe!!