Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
This Solo Recipe can be a quick snack, that uses leftover bits of cheese and old bread, or with some creativity, a nice looking meal for one or two. The texture on the sauce will depend on how long it is microwaved, and of course your patience. Any cheese or combination of cheeses that melt well can be used, and over time you will find your favorite mustard. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
Top Review by gourmetmomma
thanks. i was cruising zaar when my 3 year old demanded "something diffrent" for dinner. i used a non-alchoholic beer and was able to serve this to him w/out a hitch. i'll keep it on file as a quick kid meal. i want to play with this recipie for a cheesy veggie soup base too.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon mustard (a good strong mustard)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- 1⁄2 cup Velveeta American cheese spread
- 2 slices Italian bread, grilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter and mustard in a microwave safe bowl on high for 15 seconds, Add salt and pepper, beer and cheese and microwave on high for at least 30 seconds.
- Remove the bowl and stir until the cheese has has achieved the desired consistency. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if required.
- Pour over plain toast or for a lunch, slices of ham and tomatoes may be added.
- Serve immediately, with the rest of the beer.