1/4 Photos of Microwave - American- Welsh Rarebit
Bill Hilbrich's Note:
This Solo Recipe can be a quick snack, that uses leftover bits of cheese and old bread, or with some creativity, a nice looking meal for one or two. The texture on the sauce will depend on how long it is microwaved, and of course your patience. Any cheese or combination of cheeses that melt well can be used, and over time you will find your favorite mustard. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter and mustard in a microwave safe bowl on high for 15 seconds, Add salt and pepper, beer and cheese and microwave on high for at least 30 seconds.
- 2Remove the bowl and stir until the cheese has has achieved the desired consistency. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if required.
- 3Pour over plain toast or for a lunch, slices of ham and tomatoes may be added.
- 4Serve immediately, with the rest of the beer.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave - American- Welsh Rarebit
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.3
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 786.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Velveeta American cheese spread