Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Parent Magazine, Evelyn Raab. This recipe is excellent and so easy!
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- Toast almonds 325F for 10 minutes.
- In large microwave safe bowl, combine sugar, butter, water and corn syrup and heat on high for 4 minutes.
- Stir and continue to cook 6-8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes til golden brown.
- Stir in vanilla and immediately pour into a WELL GREASED 9 X 13 pan.
- Spread to edges and let cool 1 min then sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Once chocolate softens, carefuly spread over toffee evenly.
- Sprinkle with almonds and leave to cool on the counter for about 2 hours.
- Slice into triangles and refrigerate or freeze. (If difficult to slice, place pan in warm water for a few minutes.).