Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love squash and this is a simple, quick way to prepare it. It's perfect for days when time is in short supply. I like this recipe because there is no additonal sugar. This recipe is from Jean Pare's Company's Coming Microwave Cooking.
- 2 small acorn squash
- 4 teaspoons butter or 4 teaspoons margarine, use vegan margarine if desired
- salt, to taste
- pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Microwave squash on high (100%) for 2 minutes.
- Pierce squash several times and microwave on high (100%) for 15 to 18 minutes, turning 1/4 turn every 4 minutes, until soft and fork tender.
- Slice into 1 inch thick rings and remove fibers and seeds.
- Arrange in a circle on a large plate.
- Microwave butter in a small container on high (100%) for 20 seconds until melted and brush over tops of squash rings.
- Cover with waxed paper and microwave an additional 2 to 4 minutes on high (100%) until very hot.
We enjoyed this easy and fast way of cooking acorn squash, but next time I will cook them for less time -- they were very soft which my family loved but hard to slice into rings. I did cook for the longest time instead of the shortest though. Thanks for sharing!
Love how fast this is. Was disappointed that it did not look as anticipated. The ingredient call for 2 small acorn squash and maybe mine were to small. They were so soft after just 15 minutes in the microwave that cutting into rings was almost imposable as you can see in the photo of the first squash. The second one I cut in half which worked out better. This is great for a quick family side. Will take some practices with both the microwave and squash to make company presentable. Over all liked. Thanks for the post.