Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
I love squash and this is a simple, quick way to prepare it. It's perfect for days when time is in short supply. I like this recipe because there is no additonal sugar. This recipe is from Jean Pare's Company's Coming Microwave Cooking.
Top Review by ellie_
We enjoyed this easy and fast way of cooking acorn squash, but next time I will cook them for less time -- they were very soft which my family loved but hard to slice into rings. I did cook for the longest time instead of the shortest though. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 small acorn squash
- 4 teaspoons butter or 4 teaspoons margarine, use vegan margarine if desired
- salt, to taste
- pepper, freshly ground, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave squash on high (100%) for 2 minutes.
- Pierce squash several times and microwave on high (100%) for 15 to 18 minutes, turning 1/4 turn every 4 minutes, until soft and fork tender.
- Slice into 1 inch thick rings and remove fibers and seeds.
- Arrange in a circle on a large plate.
- Microwave butter in a small container on high (100%) for 20 seconds until melted and brush over tops of squash rings.
- Cover with waxed paper and microwave an additional 2 to 4 minutes on high (100%) until very hot.