1/2 Photos of Microwave Acorn Squash Rings
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
I love squash and this is a simple, quick way to prepare it. It's perfect for days when time is in short supply. I like this recipe because there is no additonal sugar. This recipe is from Jean Pare's Company's Coming Microwave Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Microwave squash on high (100%) for 2 minutes.
- 2Pierce squash several times and microwave on high (100%) for 15 to 18 minutes, turning 1/4 turn every 4 minutes, until soft and fork tender.
- 3Slice into 1 inch thick rings and remove fibers and seeds.
- 4Arrange in a circle on a large plate.
- 5Microwave butter in a small container on high (100%) for 20 seconds until melted and brush over tops of squash rings.
- 6Cover with waxed paper and microwave an additional 2 to 4 minutes on high (100%) until very hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Acorn Squash Rings
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.8
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 33.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g