Recipe by Sharon123
This Guamanian fried rice get it’s rich flavor from crispy chicken flavored tofu(the original recipe used chicken, I veganized it) and mushrooms, vegetables and lots of soy sauce. Simple and incredibly delicious! From the island of Guam in Micronesia.
- 1 cup extra firm tofu, cubed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon poultry, seasonoing (for tofu) (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil, divided (or vegetable oil)
- 1 cup mushroom, quartered (button or baby portobellas)
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 cups cooked white rice (I use cooked brown rice)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- If using the tofu, place cornstarch mixed with poultry seasoning in a shallow bowl(about 1/4 cup).Press tofu with a paper towel to remove moisture, then dredge in cornstarch to coat, shaking to remove excess.
- Heat skillet to medium high. Place oil in pan, then add the tofu pieces and saute till golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
- To the same pan add 1 teaspoons to 1 tbls. oil. Stir in mushrooms and saute till tender, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add green onions, snow peas and carrots.
- Cook for 2 more minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the cooked rice.
- Add soy sauce.
- Cook and stir until the rice is heated thorough.
- Transfer into a serving dish.