Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
I'm usually not a microwave cook. The food is often rubbery when it comes out and has hot and cold spots...sometimes, it's just a no-no. This recipe is by no means my mother's, but it works for a quick game night with the neighbors. Serve with some canned breadsticks with garlic butter and a salad and you've got an extremely quick meal. You can also try different spaghetti sauces for your own flavor likings.
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 (26 ounce) jar mushroom and green pepper flavor spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the sausage and drain off all the fat and rinse under hot water. Drain on paper towels.
- Stir together the sausage, spaghetti sauce, basil, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Spread one third the sausage mixture in the bottom of a lightly greased 11x7 microwave safe dish. Top with three noodles, 1 cup ricotta cheese, and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layer with the remaining ingredients. Top evenly with remaining sausage and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with a double thickness of plastic wrap. Microwave on medium power for 30 minutes.
- Using an oven mitt, carefully lift one corner of the plastic wrap to allow steam to escape. Let stand in the microwave for 5-10 minutes before serving.