Recipe by Derf
Quick, delicious grilled chicken, serve with grilled cob corn (recipe in 'zaar #31502), delicious grilled supper. adapted from Canadian Living mag.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3⁄4 cup salsa (mild or hot as you like it)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in single layer in microwaveable dish.
- Combine salsa, tomato paste, lemon juice, honey, onion, garlic, salt and pepper; set aside 1/2 cup for basting.
- Pour remainder over chicken and turn to coat.
- Cover and microwave at high for 5 minutes.
- Discarding salsa mixture in dish, place chicken on greased grill over medium high heat; close lid and cook, turning once, for 10 minutes.
- Baste with reserved salsa mixture; cook until juices run clear when chicken is pierced, about 4 minutes.