Recipe by cam7
A very easy-to-make peanut brittle for those of us who are unsuccessful at making brittle the old fashioned way. This recipe was given to me by the dietary manager at a nursing facility where I was employed. I have made it with raw pecans and canned cashews, as well as peanuts and it turns out great whichever nut you use.
Top Review by ruckerra36
This is so perfect a retired Army Master Sergeant can do it. I got paid to kill people and teach others the same. I tell people that this reciepe was handed down through my family from General Sam Houston at the Alamo to my Great Grandmother. Suckers believe me. GREAT!!!!
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white Karo
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine peanuts, sugar, Karo and salt in 2 qt glass bowl (preferably one with a handle).
- Microwave for 3 minutes and stir, then microwave for another 3 minutes.
- Add butter and stir well.
- Microwave for 2 more minutes, then add baking soda and vanilla, stirring until light and foamy.
- Pour onto a greased or buttered cookie sheet or greased or buttered waxed paper and let sit until cool.
- Break into pieces and store in container.