Prep 0 mins
Cook 9 mins
You most likely have all of the ingredients in your home to make this quick beef pie right now. I've had a microwave since they first come out so I'm not sure where the recipe came from.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups thin sliced potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup mushroom, cooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley
- Combine first 7 ingredients.
- Press into a 9" round glass dish.
- Cover and cook in microwave on Hi for 3-5 minutes.
- Drain liquid.
- Layer potato, onions and mushrooms on meat crust.
- Cover and cook in microwave for 4 1/2 to 8 1/5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheeses and parsley on pie.
- Cover and cook in microwave, on medium, for 2-3 minutes.
- Let stand for 2-3 minutes before cutting.
Tried this recipe for dinner tonight with a salad and enjoyed it muchly...I have a 1000W microwave, so I used the lesser timed amounts given in the recipe...There were a couple of changes I made, though...I DID have to skip the cumin and the mushroom as they don't agree with me...and I also doubled the garlic powder ('cos I love garlic) The end result was a tasty dish indeed! It's been added to my 'saved' recipes! Thank you!