1/1 Photo of Mick's Chicken Burgers
This was originally taken from a family circle cookbook for making chicken nuggets. My hubby has adapted it to make these burgers. The flour and breadcrumbs are estimates as you need enough to cover the chicken. This recipe feeds our family of 5 easily and quite often there is enough for two burgers each or left over nuggets for a later snack. The kids enjoy helping mick make these on weekends. The preparation time also includes 30 minutes of refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the chicken approximately 1-2 cm thick.
- 2Mix the flour and seasoning in a plastic bag and add the chicken. Toss until the chicken is evenly coated with flour. Remove and shake off the excess.
- 3Beat the eggs lightly in a shallow bowl and put the breadcrumbs in a second shallow bowl. working with a few strips at a time dip the chicken in the egg, then coat with breadcrumbs.
- 4Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 5Heat the oil in a large frying pan to moderately hot and fry chicken in batches until golden brown. drain on paper towels.
- 6Layer chicken, mayonnaise, bacon, some lettuce and tomato onto the bread rolls and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mick's Chicken Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.4
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 108.1 mg
- Sodium 1128.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 23.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets