Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mick's is a popular Atlanta eatery. This dish was a regular menu item in the 90's but now is only served occasionally. Yum! Published in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons water, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 lb dry fettuccine
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 9 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- In large saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cream, milk and 3 T water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 T water, Worcestershire, dry mustard, spicy brown mustard, salt, pepper and garlic and stir to dissolve.
- Add to sauce and stir to combine.
- Add grated cheese and stir until fully melted.
- Prepare fettuccine according to package directions.
- Pour sauce over fettuccine and top with diced tomatoes, chopped fresh bacon and additional grated cheddar cheese.