1/1 Photo of Mickie's Devil's Food Cookies
my girls both loved these frosted chocolate cookies. I've been making them for years. The original recipe came from an old Farm Journal magazine and my mom passed it on to me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- 1Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- 2Cream together butter and sugar.
- 3Add egg; beat well.
- 4Blend in vanilla and cooled chocolate.
- 5Add dry ingredients alternately with the sour cream to chocolate mixture.
- 6Stir in walnuts and mini chocolate chips if you're a real chocoholic.
- 7Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls, about 2" apart, on greased baking sheets.
- 8Bake 350°F oven 10 minutes or until no imprint remains when lightly touched with finger.
- 9Remove to racks and cool.
- 10Frost with chocolate icing of your choice.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mickie's Devil's Food Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1015 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 918.6
- Calories from Fat 457
- Total Fat 50.8 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 132.8 mg
- Sodium 532.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 53.9 g
- Protein 13.6 g