1/3 Photos of Mick Mcgurk's Cheese Biscuits (Cookies)
Leggy Peggy's Note:
This biscuit is easy to make and delicious to eat. It is especially good plain or when you crumble it into a soup that cries out for more (or some) cheese. Mick was from Perth, Australia. He loved to bake. I'll post his divine shortbread recipe soon. This recipe is posted in his honour and with the approval of his daughter, Kate, who might get online someday. :-) When she does, she'll love Zaar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Melt butter in a large bowl. I do this in the microwave.
- 3Add flour, cayenne and salt. Mix well. You can use a hand mixer at this stage.
- 4Add grated cheese and mix well. You may need to use a wooden spoon to mix. Please use a nice cheese that has some bite.
- 5Shape dough into one-inch balls.
- 6Roll in coconut.
- 7Flatten each ball slightly with a fork.
- 8Place on a cookie sheet and bake until golden -- about 12-15 minutes. Keep an eye on them, especially if your oven runs hot.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mick Mcgurk's Cheese Biscuits (Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.6
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 197.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g