Recipe by Rinshinomori
I learned how to make this during my chef assistant days at Draeger's Cooking School. This is a very different salsa because it uses a potato. Please use waxy white potato, Yukon, or red potato for this dish.
Top Review by Enjolinfam
Yum! This was sooooooooo good! We just filled corn tortillas with this for an awesome lunch! I added a couple of spoonfuls of salsa, green chilies instead of chili peppers, and green onion. We'll be having this again! I agree with magpie diner that this is so versatile! Love it! Made for Aussie swap Feb 2011.
- 1 white potato, waxy, quartered, peeled
- 2 Hass avocadoes
- 4 tomatoes, juiced and chopped
- 1 onion, white, medium, finely chopped
- 6 serrano chili peppers, stemmed and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan bring a water to a boil and add the potato. Cook the potato for about 15 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain and dice the potato into 1/4-inch pieces. Place into a bowl.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Peel the skin and dice the avocado about 1/4-inch pieces. Add the avocado to the diced potato.
- Mix in the tomato, onion, chiles, cilantro, salt, pepper and lime juice and combine with avocado and potato mixture. Add more salt if needed and serve at room temperature.