Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can make these large for dinner or smaller for appetizers. These are moist and tender and make their own gravy. Great with potatoes, noodles, or rice.
- 907.18 g ground chuck
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 354.88 ml coarse unseasoned bread crumbs
- 28.34 g package dry onion soup mix
- 158.51 ml flour
- 9.85 ml paprika
- 118.29 ml butter
- 297.66 g can cream of chicken soup
- 297.66 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 591.47 ml water
- Mix together ground chuck, slightly beaten egg, sour cream, bread crumbs and dry onion soup mix.
- Mix flour and paprika well. Shape meatballs, then roll in flour and paprika mixture.
- Brown slowly in 1/2 cup butter in large deep skillet.
- After browning add soups and water.
- Cover skillet with tight-fitting lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
This was very easy to make and the meatballs are truly wonderful. They are full of flavour and we loved how moist they were, my son was super impressed he didn't even know that they were made with beef as he could not understand why they were not more dry. I definitely give a five stars for them and more if I could. I made the recipe as is apart from adding some sliced mushrooms and diced onion to the pan when cooking the meatballs. I also did half water and half milk. I did scale the recipe back as there is only 4 of us although I kept the sauce amount the same.Very easy, tastes great and makes for a super weeknight meal that you can throw together when you get in from work. Thanks for sharing ElaineAnn I will be making this again!!!
i dont know what is was, maybe it eas the sour cream in the recipe, but the meatballs had a strange texture to them kind of mushy in the center. and the cream of chicken soup part just dont belong in this recipe. i dont think i will make this one again. but hey to each his own.
My family LOVED these. I forgot to add the sour cream, changed the ground chuck to 93% lean ground turkey, and used some frozen corn muffin crumbs instead of the bread crumbs (and crossed my fingers). Great recipe! Thanks