- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced dried onion flakes
- 2 -4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook ground beef until browned.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, barbecue sauce, dried onion, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; simmer 5 to 10 minutes or to desired consistency.
- Makes about 5 cups sauce, enough for 15 hot dogs.