Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from Hometown Cooking Magazine.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced dried onion flakes
- 2 -4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large saucepan, cook ground beef until browned.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, barbecue sauce, dried onion, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; simmer 5 to 10 minutes or to desired consistency.
- Makes about 5 cups sauce, enough for 15 hot dogs.
Good stuff! Makes a lot so ya need a lot of dogs to top. Or this would freeze just great. Or add to a pot of beans. I used Chipotles in Adobo BBQ Sauce for the barbecue sauce and tomato sauce. Thanks.
This is awesome! I followed the instructions exactly except I used about 1/4 cup of water and it was a perfect consistency for us. Great recipe, Marie Nixon, thanks so much for sharing it!!!!
This was absolutely excellent! I, also, left the water out. My husband and I eat "low carb" so I put this on top of beef hot links and topped with onions and grated cheddar...delicious!!!