- 1 lb fully cooked kielbasa or 1 lb fully cooked Polish sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut kielbasa or polish sausage in half lengthwise and slice thinly
- In a saucepan, cook sausage and onion in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain
- In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, sugars, vinegar, molasses, and mustard.
- Stir in the beans and sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2 quart baking dish
- Cover and bake for 1-1/2 hours or until bean mixture reaches desired thickness
- May be cooked in a slow cooker for 6-8 hours on low.