Recipe by Sue Lau
Adapted from Michelle Marino's recipe in Cooking Pleasures magazine, June/July 2004.
- 12 ounces low-carb penne (I use Dreamfield's)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 lb raw shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 lbs plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- salt (as much as you like)
- ground black pepper (as much as you like)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook penne according to package directions and set aside.
- While the penne is cooking, saute the shallots in a mixture of the olive oil and butter until the shallots soften.
- Add garlic, and heat until fragrant. Toss in the shrimp and cook until they just start to curl.
- Add tomatoes and stir until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve sauce over penne pasta, sprinkled with the chopped parsley.