Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious peanut butter cookies that I added chocolate chip cookies to.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (we use low fat in my house and it worked fine)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Cream butter, peanut butter and all sugars.
- Add egg, vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients, then blend slowly into the peanut butter mixture.
- Shape into balls (you can use your tablespoon), roll into sugar and place on cookie sheets and flatten slightly with glass bottom.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cookies are set. Do not let them brown.
These were easy and good. Made them for my daughters play date and all the kids enjoyed them. Even my husband kept sneaking his hand in the container. A cake kinda of cookie. Made some without the chocolate chips.
Yummmm! I used Jif's natural-style peanut butter and added an extra 1/4 cup flour (the dough seemed a little soft without it). Used some candy-covered chocolate chunks that had been in the cupboard for a really long time and used an extra 1/4 cup of them just to get them used up. Just realized I didn't see the instruction to roll the dough in sugar so I guess I skipped that step (but they really don't need any extra sugar anyway). I used my cookie scoop which holds 1 Tbsp and got 3 dozen exactly from one recipe (not 1 1/2 dozen). Baked for 12 minutes and they were perfect. Thanks for sharing!
This is wonderful! My husband took a batch to work with him and everybody loved them. Just the right amount of peanut butter, Thank you!