Recipe by Chef LindaF
This recipe was created with ingredients my daughter had on hand. She makes it different every time, so I thought I would write one version down so I could make it as well. My husband said it was a keeper!! This version was so I could eat it. She said to give her dad some cayenne pepper to sprinkle on his.
- 1 lb smoked turkey sausage, diced
- 2 lbs peeled and no tail frozen cooked shrimp
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 onion white, diced
- 4 -5 stalks celery, diced
- 1 (13 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 quart canned whole tomatoes, i used homemade
- cajun seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice, raw
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle meat with cajun seasoning, brown in stock pot. You may need some olive oil if you are using turkey sausage. Take meat out of pot, leaving juice.
- Add onions, green pepper, celery to pot with more cajun seasoning until softened. Add the wine and cook down.
- Add tomatoes with juice and canned mushrooms and shrimp. Simmer at least 1/2 hour.
- Cook your rice. Mix all together.
- If not juicy enough for you, add some chicken broth when you add the tomatoes.