Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am a salsa addict. I know everyone has different salsa tastes, but I just never liked any of the ones I could buy at the grocery store, and I always had to drive to the local Mexican restaurants or to Chilis to get salsa that suits my palate. A few notes: 1) this recipe is easily halved or doubled (if you're a salsa nut like me) 2) If you find the Ro*tel is too hot, Rotel makes a Mild Version you might prefer. 3)I would use fresh tomatoes if the local ones weren't the consistency of carboard, so feel free to substitute fresh peeled tomatoes for the canned ones.
- 2 (10 ounce) cans rotel, drained
- 2 (14 ounce) canspeeled diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄4 white onion, finely chopped
- 6 -8 fresh cilantro stems, and leaves chopped
- Place onion and cilantro in a processor (or blender if you don't have processor), and blend them up more than they already are.
- Mix in the rotel and blend.
- Add the tomatoes and blend.