Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I ate a similar dish at Trudy's, a restaurant in Austin. We really loved this dish. It's spicy and has two of my favorite ingredients, cilantro and avocado.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo, reserve all sauce and chop 2 to 3 chiles
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Frist prepare sauce by metling together the cream cheese, heavy cream, cilantro, adobo sauce and chopped chipotles.
- Take sauce pan off burner once heated through and keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in non-stick pan over medium heat and add scallions and chicken.
- Sprinkle one side of chicken with seasoned salt.
- Cook chicken till done.
- Top each piece of chicken with equal amounts of sauce and shredded cheese.
- Microwave plate to melt cheese, about 20 seconds, and then top with slices of avocado and garnish with cilantro, if desired.
We all enjoyed this. Since we don't like things so hot that we can't taste it, I added just one large chipolte chili and added the adobo sauce to the heat level right for us. Also added a little salt to the sauce. Turned out delicious! Thanks.
We found the sauce to be too bland. It had enough "heat" but just not enough flavor for our liking. I might try it again but adding different things like maybe garlic, onion, cumin, etc.