Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
My girlfriend Michelle gave me this recipe and IT IS FANTASTIC and easy - what more could you ask for - GREAT GRAVY! We LOVED it!
- 1 (2 lb) beef roast
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 beef bouillon cubes (if you do not have beef bouillon, can use a onion soup mix instead, just as good)
- Put all ingredients in a crock pot - cook all day long - VERY GOOD!
- We added drained canned green beans about 15 minutes before eating - EXCELLENT- but Michelle eats this on top of rice or noodles or potatoes if you prefer.
Uber simple and so moist! I took all suggestions and added them together so in addition to the original recipe I added both bouillon and onion soup mix, 6 potatoes (peeled & diced), 4 TBSP Worcestershire, TBSP pepper, TBSP granulated garlic, and 1 cup of water. Instead of using the "gravy", I removed the roast when it was done and put rice in the crock pot to absorb the "gravy". I served the rice with a meal made the next day. Will be using this recipe again and probably try mashed potatoes with the gravy next time.
I am just making a bit of an observation...my, this has got to be LOADED with salt...sounds good, but, think I will have to pass..
Oh My Goodness!! This is one of the best (and easiest) pot roast I have every had. It took 10 minutes to put together. How simple is that. I sprinkled black pepper and garlic on the pot roast and mixed the cream soups together and poured over. I held out a cup of soup to add at the the end, which I'm glad I did because the sauce seemed a little runnier than I would like. But a great recipe nevertheless. This has become my go-to recipe for pot roast!!