1/4 Photos of Michelle Obama's Shortbread Cookies
1 hr 5 mins
I didn't hear about the Presidential Cookie Bake-Off that Family Circle Magazine holds during election years until this year (you can find out more about that on their website). Apparently the spouses of the candidates submit a favorite cookie recipe for people to vote for. When I saw this recipe that Michelle Obama submitted, from a close family friend of hers, I knew I had to make it. I haven't quit making it since - friends, co-workers, and family are always asking for it. When I had my first bite of it out of the oven, I had to cut and wrap them quickly, or else the delicious smell would quite likely have me eating them all myself. This is definitely going on my Christmas cookie platter this year... and every year!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 325 degree F. Line a 17 x 12 x 1-inch baking pan with nonstick foil.
- 2Cream together butter and 1-1/2 cups of the sugar, and then add egg yolks, beating mixture until smooth.
- 3Beat in Amaretto and zest, before stirring in flour and salt.
- 4Spread dough evenly into pan, making it smooth and flat as possible.
- 5Brush top of dough with egg white; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Bake at 325 degree F for 25 minutes or until brown.
- 6Turn off oven and allow cookies to sit in oven, with door ajar, for 15 minutes. Cut while slightly warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Michelle Obama's Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 884.3
- Calories from Fat 431
- Total Fat 47.9 g
- Saturated Fat 29.7 g
- Cholesterol 184.9 mg
- Sodium 116.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 54.4 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: