1/3 Photos of Michelle_my_belle's Enchiladas
This is a combo of many great recipes here on zaar adjusted to fit the likes of our family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese (Colby and Monterey Jack works well also, half of standard 12 oz bag)
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (half of standard 12 oz bag)
- 15 1/2 ounces salsa (mild, medium or however you like it)
- 2 cups cooked rice (plain or Mexican) (optional)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 lb flour tortilla (10 count bag)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup water
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cook rice as per directions and set aside.
- 3Mix up cheeses and split in half - place one of the halves in large mixing bowl.
- 4Fry up ground beef in large skilled with onion and garlic powder - drain.
- 5Add water and taco seasoning - heat to boil.
- 6Reduce and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- 7Mix ground beef and rice into the large mixing bowl with cheese.
- 8Add 1 cup of salsa into the meat mixture and stir.
- 9Take large casserole dish and spread 1/2 cup salsa on the bottom.
- 10Fill each tortilla with 3-4 tablespoons of meat mixture (if you omitted rice stay more towards 2-3).
- 11Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in casserole dish.
- 12Put remaining salsa (whatever amount you prefer) on top of tortillas and top with reserved cheese.
- 13Bake for 10-15 minutes, until cheese on top is melted.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Michelle_my_belle's Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 988.4
- Calories from Fat 476
- Total Fat 52.9 g
- Saturated Fat 25.9 g
- Cholesterol 166.5 mg
- Sodium 2920.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 52.4 g