1/1 Photo of Michele's Hummus With Pita Chips
After many attempts at making hummus I have finally perfected it...at least for my tastes. This is actually a combination of Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa hummus recipe and Giada De Laurentis' Everyday Italian White Bean Dip with Pita Chips. *Total prep and cooking time is estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Cut each pita into 8 wedges and arrange over a large baking sheet.
- 3Drizzle the pita wedges with 3 tbsp of olive oil, and then sprinkle with the oregano and 1 tsp each of the salt and pepper. Toss to coat pita wedges with oil, salt and pepper. Spread out evenly.
- 4Bake for 5 minutes, then turn wedges over and bake until they are crisp and golden, about 5 minutes longer.
- 5Meanwhile, in the bowl of a food processor, add the beans, lemon juice, garlic, remaining salt and pepper, tahini and hot sauce. Puree.
- 6With the machine running (puree), stream in the remaining 1/3 cup olive oil until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- 7Season with more salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- 8Serve warm or room temperature with pita chips.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Michele's Hummus With Pita Chips
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.1
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1330.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 12.7 g