Recipe by lazyme
Here's a great crab spread from my step-daughter, Michele. We also make it with fresh Alaskan crab and it's best if it sits in the refrigerator for a day or two. It's always a favorite with company.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
This was a trial run for the holidays, the only change I made was I added in a small amount of fresh garlic and also some Tabasco, and increased the green onions, great spread hon, thanks!...Kitten:)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (1/4 ounce) knox unflavored gelatin
- 1 (7 ounce) can crab
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve gelatin in 3 tablespoons cold water. Add to boiling, cream of celery soup. Stir well to dissolve gelatin. Take mix off burner. Cool completely.
- Cream and mash cream cheese. Add mayonnaise and mix well. Add cooled mix, chopped celery, onion, and crab.
- Mix well.
- Put in mold or bowl and refrigerate until set.
- Serve with party bread, crackers, or chips.