Recipe by A Good Thing
This is the best and CREAMIEST crust-less quiche I've ever eaten and I eat a lot of quiche! I asked my friend, Michele, to share her recipe with Zaar and she was kind enough to oblige. Thanks, girlfriend! Top this yummy quiche with tinned asparagus, chopped bacon, or tinned salmon. It makes it's own "crust" as it cooks. Very nice with a green salad on the side.
Top Review by Gidget265
I really enjoyed this recipe, thanks much! I sauteed 1 medium onion and about 10 oz of fresh spinach. Added a smidge of nutmeg. Mixed onion / spinach and chopped swiss cheese to the egg/milk/flour mixture. Baked at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. The flour made a nice thin 'crust' and I thought it was excellent. Will use this again - trying other veggie / meat combos!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- salt & pepper
- 325 g asparagus, canned drained (optional)
- 220 g salmon, canned (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, chopped and pre-cooked to half done (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Beat eggs and milk.
- Add melted butter and flour. Beat to combine.
- Add cheese and onion, stir.
- Pour into greased pie dish.
- Arrange asparagus spears, salmon, or bacon on top.
- Bake in center of oven for 45 minutes.