Recipe by katie in the UP
I found this on the Saveur site. (Great site by the way!! Thank you NCmysteryshopper for telling me about it!) I'm hoping to find someone brave enough to try this drink with me!!This drink might be named for Michel Esper—but chelada is also slang for “cold beer”.
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Corona beer
- 1 -2 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 fluid ounce splash spicy hot V8
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Dip rims of 1 tall chilled glass in a saucer of water, shake off excess, then dip moistened rim in a saucer of kosher or margarita salt.
- Fill glass half-way with ice and then one-third full with freshly squeezed lemon juice, then top off with cold Corona, Pacifico, or other light Mexican beer.
- Add 1–2 dashes worcestershire, a splash of spicy v8 and Tabasco sauces. Serve with lemon wedges, if you like.