Recipe by Scotty & Callie's Mom
They are special because my son actually makes these. His favorite recipe from cooking class.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
Made half recipe for the easiest,quickest, and best "Spoppy" Joes I've ever made! Used half of this on 1 bun for a hearty supper and plan to finish the other half served over spaghetti for lunch tomorrow. YUM! I can't wait! Thanks for posting your son's great recipe Miss Rat. Made for Choose Your Event Party.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (he likes hickory)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 5 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and onion on medium heat, in a large non-stick fry pan approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Stir frequently to break up beef.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, water and tomato paste.
- Cook over low heat for 4-5 minutes or until hot.
- Spoon mixture evenly over buns.
- Serve immediately.