Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
They are special because my son actually makes these. His favorite recipe from cooking class.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (he likes hickory)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 5 hamburger buns
- Brown beef and onion on medium heat, in a large non-stick fry pan approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Stir frequently to break up beef.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, water and tomato paste.
- Cook over low heat for 4-5 minutes or until hot.
- Spoon mixture evenly over buns.
- Serve immediately.
Made half recipe for the easiest,quickest, and best "Spoppy" Joes I've ever made! Used half of this on 1 bun for a hearty supper and plan to finish the other half served over spaghetti for lunch tomorrow. YUM! I can't wait! Thanks for posting your son's great recipe Miss Rat. Made for Choose Your Event Party.
This was a good easy recipe. I needed something to use up some left over tomato paste and this was perfect. The only change I made was using ground turkey instead of ground beef, which worked fine. Thanks for posting!