Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A friend's Dad came up with this. Similar to Sloppy Joes, except you use Cheese Whiz instead of Sloppy Joe sauce. This can be varied in any number of ways by adding other ingredients to the mix (i.e. onions and mushrooms).
- 2 lbs hamburger meat
- 10 ounces Cheez Whiz
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning (to taste)
- Brown the hamburger meat and drain.
- Return the meat to the pan and add the Cheese Whiz.
- Turn the burner on the stove to low and stir the hamburger and Cheese Whiz until it's mixed well.
- Add your favorite steak seasoning to taste.
- I use Montreal Steak seasoning.
- At this point, you can add chopped onions, mushrooms, bacon bits, or whatever you deem necessary to complete your "burger".
- Spoon it onto toasted hamburger buns, garnish as usual and enjoy.
Fixed these last weekend for dh and a friend for their lunch, sauteed an onion with the meat. They demolished every bite of it. DH suggested a splash of hot sauce while the meat and onions cooks, may do that next time.