Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My children call this "Michael's Meatlove". It does not last long... gone to sandwiches by the next day, if there is any left. We have also used ground venison or ground lamb.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 onions (diced)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard (. like Colemans)
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Massage it all (first 7 ingredients) with a can of cream of anything soup.
- Put in loaf pan.
- Bake 350 degrees for one hour.
- Put baking potatoes in oven when you start.
Really lovely texture! I made a couple of changes: I fried the onions first, to give them more flavour, and I used about 3 times the rosemary and thyme (fresh) - could have put in even more. Used Campbells concentrated cream of chicken soup (295ml) and it was just right with this quantity of meat. Thanks Barbara (and Michael)!